Pages

Thursday 16 September 2010

USB Hub, UK PAT Testing, Fan....of the computer kind!

I just bought a D-link 7 x USB Hub to go in the case. I hope to pick it up tomorrow. I actually only need 4 ports, 1 for the CCU2, 1 for the Saitek Radio, another for the Simkits 32input controller and one more for a USB Simkits turn coordinator. But I figured that at some point I may want to upgrade to all USB instruments in the future and if I buy 2 of these D-link Hubs I will have enough to run all the neccesary hardware. Fingers crossed that I can run a USB instrument and CCU2 board together. I need to speak to Simkits to make sure that is possible.

A colleague has very gratefully offered to PAT test the Primary 6 Flight Simulator once it is completed. We have the machine at work and I am hoping to pass it with a current UK electrical certificate to make sure it is safe to use and that it won't turn me to ashes!!! Result!

I have completed within CAD to design a fan air intake for the case. I've been a bit concerned that the PSU may get a little hot when running so just in case I have added a 120mm fan at the back to cool everything down and allow for some flow of air. I noticed that Simkits have a grill in the back of their TRC472 for some air flow. I thought I better be safe than sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment