Pages

Friday 20 August 2010

Windows 64bit and Simkits TRC software compatability

Well... that was a bit of a shock! I discovered yesterday when trying to run Simkits's TRC software with the old CCU2 circuit board that 64bit is not supported. Hence why they moved to USB instruments. There is absolutely no way I can re-buy all the instruments so my best option is to buy an OEM copy of Windows 7 32bit and dual boot it with my 64bit copy. I am hoping to achieve this on a second partition ans using NeoSmart technologie's EasyBSD software to rename the boot selector to read Primary 6 Desktop Flight Simulator at the boot screen. I will probably have to also buy a new copy of FSX (groan) to go with it. Not a major problem...but... bugger.... all the same! To think I was telling one of my colleagues that nothing has gone "stupidly wrong" so far. Obviously I spoke too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment