Pages

Monday 15 February 2010

More work on the Primary 6 project.



This is a render of the switch panel on the right hand side. Eagle eyed among you may recognise the Saitek Radio unit that is an off the shelf product that I am incorporating into the panel to save money. It's a great product (I haven't turned it on yet!) that blends nicely with the dark black/gun metal grey switch panel. There is a few discrepencies that I found while working on the lettering such as the second row of toggles are too high. I need to adjust that in the CAD program before getting it sent to be cut. I'm also not sure what to do with the two empty holes on the right side. Maybe name them USER 1 and USER 2 and rename the circuit breakers to USER 3 and 4. I could always utilise more switches.

I may also change the branding at the top. It's currently named as Rotro Avionics (Rotro standing for RojanTrojan my online name in flight sim forums). I am looking for something that sounds more professional... I thought maybe Garmin?!?!? Just kidding! Something a bit more striking and not so much of a mouthful anyway. NMK MkII stands for NO MORE KEYBOARD, but I fear that is wishful thinking. I have made a MKI which is a smaller design. take a look at that in my older blog @ www.cessnasim.blogspot.com.

Please excuse the geometry of the render on the first image. It all looks very odd... switches pointed in the wrong direction and so forth. It's just an amalgamation of two front images of both panels from my photo pragram. I wanted to quickly see what they would look like together and thought i would post the result. Looking quite sharp, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment